Becoming a citizen of Australia is the final step of seeking residence in the country. There are several ways that citizenship can be achieved and there are several visa path ways also. What matters most when attempting to become a citizen of Australia is your eligibility and applying for the appropriate solution.
Loughton Yorke Lawyers have been successful in securing citizenship for our clients in Perth and around Australia. Choosing the best path way might seem a straight forward task at the beginning but it is easy to get lost along the way and waste time and money. We have years of experience securing citizenship for our clients with the Department of Immigration and a good track record of successful appeals.
The following individuals are eligible for Australian citizenship:
· Citizens of New Zealand.
· Spouses or people in defacto partnerships with Australian citizens.
· Children of current or former Australian citizens.
· Former Australian citizens who wish to resume their citizenship.
· Migrants with permanent residency visas.
· Refugees and/or humanitarian applicants.
To qualify for an application for Australian Citizenship, one must meet the following requirements:
· Be an existing permanent resident of Australia.
· Be currently residing in Australia.
· Be among the groups of individuals eligible for citizenships.
· If 18 years or older, be of good character.
What We Can Do for You
The experienced team of Migration Lawyers and Loughton Yorke Lawyers can do the following for you:
· Assist in preparing and lodging your citizenship application.
· Provide guidance on legal matters relating to citizenship applications.
To qualify for a citizenship application, you will need to do the following:
· Take and pass a citizenship test.
· Complete the application process.
· Have all the necessary documents at hand.
· Ensure that all the necessary residency requirements are met including any special category requirements.
· Wait for correspondence to learn whether your citizenship application has been approved or rejected.
Every citizenship applicant should first determine their eligibility for citizenship before starting the process. Consult our migration specialists to learn about the steps involved in the process and the proper documentation required to complete the application.
Contact us now for a free assessment of your case.