Once the Department of Immigration and Border Protection refuses your visa application, you can generally contest that decision to get it reversed. The Australian Government has set up specialised Tribunals where you can present your appeal to get your application reviewed and, with the right experts by your side, have your visa granted. The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (Migration Division) is one such institution that has been set specifically for the purposes of appealing to have the Department’s decision reversed.
Visa application refusal is not uncommon. Considering the complicated visa pathways that one must go through to gain residence in Australia, it is not the easy to have your visa granted without the help of experienced Migration Lawyers. Some of the reasons why your visa application may be refused include:
- The Department of Immigration is not satisfied with the evidence brought before it
- Misunderstanding between the applicant and the officials at the Department of Immigration
- There are some questions concerning the legality of the applicant or the premise within which he/she has lodged an application
In order to ensure your case has the best prospects of success, you are better off with a team of experienced migration lawyers who will present your visa application in the best way possible to guarantee you approval on the first try. Loughton Yorke Lawyers are able to assist and provide guidance for the following scenarios:
- Visa Application Refusals
- Cancellation of Visas
- Negative decisions from the AAT – contesting the decision in court or seeking Ministerial Intervention
- Character issues or the existence of a prior criminal record that could hinder your application’s approval
- Existing health problems that could impact negatively on your visa application’s approval
Remember, when you face refusals, you can always get approved on the second application.